QUALIFYING FOR AN OPAF SCHOLARSHIP OR BURSARY AWARD
The goal of the Ontario Parks Association Foundation (OPAF) is to raise funds to assist deserving students who wish to pursue their education in any phase of public parks work, related horticulture or landscaping, conservation, or environmental resource management.
Up to seven Ontario college or university students who qualify and complete the requirements of application are recognized each year with awards by the OPA Foundation.
Who qualifies for an award?
Application for an OPAF Scholarship or Bursary Award is open to students who meet the following criteria:
Why should you apply?
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application packages must be postmarked prior to midnight on the last Friday in May.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants must register online and then submit the required accompanying documents outlined below to complete their application package. The application documents package must be post marked or emailed prior to midnight Friday, May 25. Documents package should be sent to:
The Ontario Parks Association Foundation
Bursary and Scholarship Committee
c/o Ontario Parks Association
7856 5th Line South
Milton, Ontario, L9T 2X8
All applicants will be evaluated based on the information provided in their application package by the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee is comprised of a quorum of the Ontario Parks Association Foundation Board. All decisions made by the Selection Committee are considered final. Any questions or issues regarding the application process should be sent to email@example.com.
Scholarship / Bursary Award Application Process:
1. REGISTER ONLINE - Register online. Once the online registration is complete, please assemble and submit the following documents package via email or mail (per the mail/email address noted above):
2. PERSONAL LETTER - Please prepare a letter using the following statements as mandatory headings in your letter to introduce yourself to the Selection Committee. This information will form the context of your letter and will be evaluated by the Selection Committee.
3. REFERENCE LETTERS - Please provide two reference letters: one from a professor or school administrator who can verify your academic level, leadership ability and contributions to the school program. A second letter from a non-academic reference (employer/personal reference/volunteer work) that outlines your abilities and personality traits. Please note that letters must be dated within the past two years.
4. CURRENT RESUME - Please submit a copy of your current resume.
5. ONE YEAR OF STUDY BUDGET - Please complete the section at the bottom of the registration page to complete a budget for “One year of Study”.
6. APPLICATION JUSTIFICATION - On a separate typed page entitled “Application Justification” please provide:
7. TRANSCRIPT - If second term grades are not finalized, please submit grades from first term that are final. Final transcripts can be forwarded after the deadline date to the Selection Committee (see mail/email address above), no later than the bursary closing date. Website transcripts are acceptable, provided that the website transcript is accompanied by letter grade or grade point average conversion to percentage grade. Please note that applications and transcripts can be submitted separately. Applications should be submitted as early as possible, with transcripts being sent as soon as they are available, but no later than the bursary closing date.
Please read our COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY STATEMENT.pdf.
Available Awards - Click here for a list of the available Ontario Parks Association Foundation Scholarship and Bursary Awards.
Last Year's Recipients - Click here to view the list of last year's Scholarship and Bursary recipients.